Embedding maths and English in apprenticeships: An assessment for learning approach to embedding maths and English in apprenticeships (Code: C1028)
This training webinar will explore ways of applying an assessment for learning approach to embedding maths and English in apprenticeships.
It will include:
- a presentation of relevant information and ideas on assessment for learning approaches
- chats based on trainer experiences
- breakout sessions for participants to actively discuss topics raised
- signposting to supporting resources.
Who is this for?
This learning package is for those involved in delivering apprenticeships, with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development including employers and providers.
The roles are likely to include:
- workplace managers
- maths and English teachers
- provider managers
- vocational tutors
- workplace assessors.
In this training webinar you will examine the assessment for learning approach to ensure successful embedding of maths and English into apprenticeships. You will be actively involved in discussing ideas in break out rooms.
The focus is on helping apprentices achieve their Level 2 maths and English in their level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- describe effective assessment for learning strategies for your specific context
- identify ways of managing challenges associated with assessment for learning
- describe the role of formative assessment leading up to Gateway and End Point Assessment.
Webinars are 60 minutes, but the room will be open 15 minutes prior to the start so you can test your kit. There will also be some time at the end for any additional questions and comments.
You should be directly or indirectly involved with delivering apprenticeships in the workplace. In particular with an interest in how maths and English are supported or taught.