What you need to know about supporting learners with physical disabilities in the further education sector (Code: C1048)
This webinar and online resource will help you to increase your knowledge and understanding of physical disability, its impact and a range of strategies to successfully support learners with physical disabilities, whether in a mainstream, specialist or work place setting so they can take greater ownership of their own learning.
Who is this for?
This webinar and online resource is for all staff working in the Further Education and Training sector who want to increase their understanding of how to support learners with physical disabilities effectively.
This webinar and online resource will help you to increase your understanding of physical disability and its impact, and develop confidence and awareness of how to provide a high quality and inclusive educational experience.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Understand physical disability and how it can impact on an individual.
- Understand how to include young people with a physical disability in the further education sector.
- Deliver effective teaching and learning for learners with a physical disability by making adjustments to resources and environments.
- Implement strategies which promote resilience and ownership for learners with a physical disability through developing a supportive environment in the classroom and workplace.
- Signpost to additional resources available to further support you and your setting.
The length of the online resource is approximately 15 minutes.
The online resource will be relevant for those with little knowledge as well as those who want to learn more. It will recognise what is different about learning in the further education sector from school for learners with a physical disability.