The Technical Aspects of Being a Governance Professional - Expert Level Programme (Code: C1050)
This programme is designed for Governance professionals looking to better prepare themselves to move towards being a strategic enabler. It will give them greater knowledge on the technical aspects of their role in regards to regulation, compliance and board business, as well as an understanding of the strategic context of their college in order to enable alignment of the decision making process in the boardroom with strategic intent.
The programme costs £425 and includes four days of training, two half-day EDI virtual workshops plus three online modules to be completed in the participants' own time.
Who is this for?
This programme is for more experienced Governance Professionals working in the further education sector who are looking for an in-depth programme to broaden their knowledge and give them the confidence to become the technical expert and trusted advisor of governance within their organisation.
- College governance, constitution and legal status of colleges
- Delivering effective advice and guidance
- Regulatory frameworks
- Application of regulatory frameworks
- Reviewing board skills, behaviour, and effectiveness
- Curriculum and Quality Standards
- Finance & Audit
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recruitment, succession planning, retention and governor disciplinary
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Understand compliance and effective governance.
- Understand guidance on ethical issues.
- Become a strategic enabler.
- Understand the strategy of the college, the local region and that of the sector.
The programme comprises four full day sessions the first will be face-to-face and the remaining sessions will be virtual. In addition, there will be two half-day EDI virtual workshops, two online self-directed modules and a pre-recorded webinar to continue the learning in the participants' own time.
The session dates are:
- Wednesday 13 October 2021 - all day (10:00 - 16:00), face to face session, Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel, 12 Upper Woburn Pl, London WC1H 0HX
- Wednesday 19 January 2022 - virtual training, 09:30 - 15:30
- Wednesday 9 February 2022 - virtual training, 09:30 - 15:30
- Tuesday 1 March 2022 - virtual training, EDI Workshop, 09:30 - 12:00
- Tuesday 8 March 2022 - virtual training, EDI Workshop, 09:30 - 12:00
If you are unable to attend the first in-person session, we can offer a catch-up package to ensure you receive the info you need prior to session two. If you would like to take part in this way email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This programme is aimed at Governance Professionals working in the further education sector with more than 18 months' experience.
For those with less than 18 months, or those who require an induction-level programme, please see the alternative training induction programme.