Essential Digital Skills - Exploring teaching tools (Code: C1052)
The Essential Digital Skills (EDS) programme is a blended programme to support the delivery of the new qualifications based on the national standards for Essential Digital Skills.
The thirty-minute lunch time sessions, will demonstrate the key features of a range of digital teaching tools, followed by time to create a resource using the tool.
Who is this for?
Teachers and managers who are preparing to deliver EDS qualifications or who wish to develop practitioners' digital skills including:
- teaching in Prisons and the Probation services
- working with learners with special educational needs and disabilities
- developing the digital skills of those for whom English in not their first language
- teaching on programmes described as preparation for life and work.
To support teachers in developing their skills, knowledge and confidence to use specific digital teaching tools to deliver Essential Digital Skills online.
Each session will:
- Explore how specific tools could be used in practice.
- Provide an opportunity to exchange ideas, discuss challenges and share practice.
- Share resources created during the session.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Further develop skills and ability to teach EDS courses.
- Create and share resources to support your own and others' CPD.
- Contribute to Communities of Practice.
Delivery is via an online webinar workshop and the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
Each session is 30 minutes.
There are six standalone sessions.
Participants will be invited to contribute to the online community of practice which is on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
To access the Community of Practice you will need to complete your self-assessment from this link.
To qualify for a place on this course you will need to be delivering or managing the delivery of Essential Digital Skills.
You will need to be working in an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL, Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND