Supporting and managing diversity within maths classes (Code: C1057)
This live webinar will look at the positive approaches we can take to support diversity in its widest sense and begin to reflect on how our maths curriculum, resources and learning environments meet the aspirations of all learners.
- Subsidised price £50
- SET member price £42.50
- Full price £75 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
All teachers, support staff and managers involved in teaching Functional Skills or GCSE maths.
To explore how to review our approaches to maths and make sure we provide an appropriate learning environment for the range of learners in the maths classroom.
- Understanding and appreciating the full range and significance of the diversity of our learners.
- Reviewing and critiquing our curriculum and resources in the light of the profile of our learners.
- Using appropriate pedagogy to celebrate diversity in the maths classroom.