Applying your digital skills in teaching and learning - Video Learning
Digital Skills Enhancement Programme
All seven of the Applying your digital skills short online courses are FREE of charge. Every teacher, trainer and assessor in the sector will be able to access the courses for FREE as part of a special promotion to develop the capability of practitioners in the FE and Skills sector. Whilst the courses are FREE, there is an expectation that staff who enrol for theses short supported online courses are committed to completing them.
To enrol on this course, please click HERE
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at teachers, trainers and assessors in the learning and skills sector who would like to integrate video learning into their delivery strategies.
The objective of the course is to understand how video can be utilised in teaching, support, assessment and feedback and be able to implement video in to the curriculum to create greater efficiency.
By the end of the course you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- ascertain which type of Video will be most useful for their own delivery
- source all of their own equipment, should they be interested in shooting their own video/content
- effectively utilise QR Codes and Augmented Reality applications to provide learners with the ability to access support independently
- create interactive video assessment resources
- understand how video quizzes can integrate Gamification technology
- screencast videos for the purpose of providing enhanced feedback.
Length of the course
Each course will have five guided learning hours and will include an induction webinar of one hour and a follow-up online meeting. The course will be online and will incorporate a student-made video as stimulus material. The course will last for four weeks.
Participants need to be delivering learning in an educational and training setting to ensure that they can benefit from the course.