Leadership 6 - 10 ways to enhance the teaching of English in 90 mins (Code: C1063)
This live webinar is designed to provide the opportunity to explore what elements can really help leaners learn in English and what we can do to enhance existing practice. The session will be interactive and provide practical examples of what we can all do to support learner progress.
We will examine what we know works and look at how we move staff into an area where they can 'try' new strategies, including what support is available for the next steps of development.
- Subsidised price £50
- SET member price £42.50
- Full price £75 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Leaders/managers/teachers working in or with English departments.
To provide participants with strategies to engage staff in enhancing current practice.
- To identify 10 key English teaching strategies.
- To identify pedagogy to help staff enhance current practice.
- To identify support available for the next step.