Applying your digital skills in teaching and learning - Using Social Media
Digital Skills Enhancement Programme
There are two pricing options:
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at teachers, trainers and assessors in the learning and skills sector who would like to integrate social media into their delivery strategies.
To develop your teaching and learning delivery strategies by exploring how social media tools can be used.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- understand how social media can be used in teaching and learning
- be able to competently use the main social media tools for communication, collaboration, assessment and sharing content
- understand and apply strategies for online safety in the use of social media
- evaluate own digital practice.
Length of the course
Each course will be five guided learning hours and will include an induction webinar of one hour and a follow-up online meeting. The course will be online and will incorporate a student-made video as stimulus material. The course will last for four weeks.
The course includes the following modules:
- using Twitter - Participants will be supported in setting up a Twitter account and have the opportunity to tweet to other course members while also using Twitter to feedback their thoughts and ideas
- TwitterLearning Wheels - showcases different ways in which Twitter can be used for: communication, collaboration, assessment and learning content
- gathering/curating tools - Using Padlet and Pinterest
- using Facebook and LinkedIn
- understanding your own digital practices.
You need to be delivering learning in an educational and training setting to ensure that you can benefit from the course.