#APConnect - Spark(l)ing Constellations (Code: C1091)
End-of-project conferences are so often 'this is what we did' but this is different. We are going to be teaching what we know and what we have learned about flourishing collectively in uncertain times. This event is live, sustainable and future facing. Expect to be engaged and leave inspired.
Who is this for?
This event is aimed at the whole FE sector, in its diverse settings and contexts. These uncertain times are set to continue, and there is much to be learned from Advanced Practitioners (APs) who have driven affirmative change & quality improvement for colleagues, students, organisations and the sector over the past three years.
It will be of particular interest to:
- Practitioners working in AP-type* roles, those involved in quality improvements & practitioners working towards/intending to undertake Advanced Teacher Status (ATS).
- Managers-at all levels-with responsibility for a) quality improvement/assurance and b) professional learning, development induction of teaching & support staff.
- Technical support staff who have joined the vanguard of change during a shift to digital.
- Policy makers & influencers.
Our aim is to collectively engage you in learning from our experience, knowledge and expertise. Rather than 'showcases' the day will provide an engaging, interactive experience, which encourages you to have your own ideas for live, sustainable, future-facing quality improvement practice.
1. Reflect on key themes related to AP identity, purpose, community & impact.
2. Explore AP-led professional learning initiatives.
3. Reflect on how APs have mastered antifragile practice: thriving, leading and driving change in uncertain times.
4. Make connections to shape future outward-facing constellations of practice.
*Advanced practitioners (APs) often work in a peer-to-peer support structure providing guidance on improving education and learning. They may also be known as:
- Teaching and Learning Coach
- Advanced Coach
- Quality Practitioner etc.
Our day is planned along an ethics of joy, openness and care. We do not expect anyone to sit at a Zoom screen all day and we invite your physical surroundings into the event.
9.30-10.30am Welcome to our landing page, which sets up the asynchronous activities for the day and invites you to be mindful of your own wellbeing.
10.30-12.45pm Live content, crowd-sourced from the AP community.
12.45-1.15pm Mandatory lunchbreak ;-)
1.15-3.20pm Live storyboarding content, including the story of APConnect.
We close at 3.20pm to enable everyone to stay with us until the end.
This event is designed for: APs (see above), who:
- are part of this year's programme
- are curious about being part of this thriving community
- have been involved previously.
- managers and leaders with responsibility for quality improvement in education.
- technical support staff who are fellow travellers on this journey of improvement and change.
We would love it if you have the full support of your line manager and commit to engaging fully in the day's activities and share outcomes and thinking in your organisation (and additionally via FE-focused social media using the hashtag #APConnect).