Leadership 8 - Managing the maths and English classroom after lockdown (Code: C1093)
Learners will be responding in different ways to lockdown and will respond in different ways to being back in the classroom. This live session will look at how we can prepare the environment, lesson structures and classroom management to best support learners returning to face to face sessions.
• Subsidised price £50
• SET member price £42.50
• Full price £75 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Managers/leaders of maths and English departments.
To use what we have learnt during the past year to enable the best planning for the near future.
- Balancing Blooms vs Maslow - getting the rigour right.
- Identify what do we mean by a 'gap' and what we should do about it.
- Communication and collaboration -structures and relationships in the classroom.