Engage and motivate learners (English)
Maths and English Pipeline
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at practising English teachers in FE for both Functional Skills and GCSE, including work based providers and apprenticeships.
The focus will be on motivation and engagement drawing on tried and tested practice from the English Pipeline and Enhancement Programme as well as from research and materials produced by ETF and partners.
This exciting programme provides you with evidence-based, practical ideas for improving learner engagement, then an opportunity to test them out supported by a course mentor, and share successes with colleagues.
- accurately assess and respond to learners needs and starting points
- be flexible and innovative in selecting appropriate active teaching methods and resources
- explore and critique engaging and motivating approaches to English language
- make effective use of AfL, learners voice and feedback to both monitor and engage the learner
- develop, evaluate and assess the impact of appropriate interventions and produce effective case studies to evidence this.
Length of the course
The two days training spread over four weeks will allow you to explore effective teaching approaches and try them out through a short action research assignment.
You will then have the opportunity to share your experiences, learnings and the impact of these projects on day two.