PDG Knowledge Exchange - Developing learners digital maths/ English skills, using digital tools (Google Workspace, Mote and FlipGrid) (Code: C1110)
PDG North West Exchanges provide safe, practical spaces to unpack current teaching and learning theory - bringing 'big ideas' alive so you can apply them to your own practice in meaningful ways. This exchange focuses specifically on embedding maths and English using digital tools, ideal for online/ blended learning.
Who is this for?
Teachers who want to learn more about embedding maths and English using digital tools or teachers who just want to know more about some exciting digital tools that can bring digital learning alive.
- Maths, English and ESOL Teachers (all levels)
- Learning Support Staff
- All teachers embedding maths, English and digital literacies
- Trainers/ assessors
PDG Exchanges are short events designed by practitioners for practitioners on a range of current teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) topics. Each session unpacks a 'big' evidence-informed idea, models an online tool which can help bring the idea alive for learners, and provides a safe solo/peer space for participants to test the tool and their thinking.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to
- Unpack key ideas underpinning the importance of embedding maths and English skills.
- Explore how Google Workspace apps, Mote and Flipgrid can provide ways of supporting learners to develop their maths and English skills as well as developing communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
- Use Google Workspace apps, Mote and Flipgrid to develop lesson plans and exploit opportunities for learners to develop their maths and English skills.