Accessibility maturity - an organisational approach to legal compliance/cultural change (Code: C1124)
Digital accessibility is a legal obligation and failure to meet the "accessibility requirement" is regarded as a failure to make a reasonable adjustment. This webinar has been designed to help organisations to benchmark their current accessibility. Using the Accessibility Maturity Model for Education we'll illustrate how accessibility impacts on all areas of organisation from practice to policy and process. We'll explore the use of EdTech to engage and improve outcomes for learners, as well as give you the confidence to start creating roadmaps to help you comply with accessibility legislation.
Who is this for?
Curriculum managers with a responsibility for teachers, trainers and support staff, as well as Quality and Learning Technology Managers in the Further Education and Training sector.
Managers who want to develop a sustainable culture of digital inclusion and use a framework that is meaningful for a wide range of staff.
The webinar will:
- Introduce the Accessibility Maturity Model for Education.
- Explore how you can learn with, and from peers across the FE and Skills sector.
- Highlight useful EdTech resources on ETF's Enhance Digital Teaching Platform (EnhanceDTP) and beyond for developing a culture of accessibility in teaching teams, support teams quality assurance.
Highlight how your CPD can be recognised through EdTech badging.
Provide an opportunity to exchange ideas, share practice and ask questions.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Use the Accessibility Maturity Model for Education to identify organisational strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand the different types of training staff in different roles might need.
- Understand the benefits of moving from a compliance mindset to a culture change mindset. Identify ways to connect with the EdTech community. Identify resources to support your CPD.
Identify ways to track and evidence your learning.
Delivery is via an online webinar and the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
The webinar is 60 minutes.
Enhance Digital Teaching Modules will support this webinar.
None, although to get the most from this session we strongly encourage you to register for free on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform beforehand.