Digital strategies and digital savviness for managers (Code: C1125)
This webinar, part of our EdTech Manager Webinar Spring 2021 series has been designed to help managers develop their digital savviness that in turn can help inform the digital strategies they follow within their curriculum areas or organisations. Being able to make good judgements on the EdTech tools your organisation uses, helps to prevent challenges and makes it easier to plan training and peer sharing opportunities. You will have opportunities to share practice, ideas and to ask questions.
The ETF's EdTech offer is based on the Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF).
Who is this for?
Curriculum managers with a responsibility for teachers, trainers and support staff, as well as Quality and Learning Technology Managers in the Further Education and Training sector.
Managers who want to develop digital savviness and how this can be used to inform digital strategies.
The webinar will:
- Explore digital savviness and how this can inform digital strategies.
- Unpack the legal, ethical and pedagogical aspects of being digitally savvy.
- Explore how you can learn with, and from peers across the FE and Skills sector.
- Highlight useful EdTech resources on ETF's Enhance Digital Teaching Platform (EnhanceDTP).
Highlight how your CPD can be recognised through EdTech badging
Provide an opportunity to exchange ideas, share practice and ask questions.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Understand the legal, ethical and pedagogical implications of tool choices and how to support staff in minimising risks. Understand the pros and cons of different approaches to digital tool roll-out and use in an institutional context.
- Identify Edtech tools for use in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Identify ways to connect with the EdTech community.
Identify resources to support your CPD.
Identify ways to track and evidence your learning.
Delivery is via an online webinar and the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
The webinar is 60 minutes.
Enhance Digital Teaching Modules will support this webinar.
None, although to get the most from this session we strongly encourage you to register for free on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform beforehand.