Governance Professionals' Development Programme (GPDP) for Clerks and Directors of Governance (Code: C1127)
This new programme has been designed to support the governance professional specifically in the leadership dimensions of the role. Participants will benefit from new insights, increased confidence and impact, and a network of peers.
Who is this for?
- Directors of Governance
- Governance Professionals of FE Boards
The programme aims to take Governance Professionals through a leadership development experience that will support them in the key role they play within the dynamics of Governance and the Board.
The sessions cover the following key themes:
- The purpose of Governance: a broader perspective
- The role of the Governance Professional in the FE context
- Insights into Board dynamics: the Governance Professional, Chair, CEO, and Board
- Strategic leadership and adaptive approaches to Governance challenges
- The role of the Governance Professional as a trusted advisor
- Developing and sustaining Governance approaches of support and challenge
- The Oxford Tutorial: an opportunity to work on personal development issues
Governance Professionals will gain a heightened understanding of FE Governance and an improved ability to act as trusted advisor for their Boards. Governance Professionals will benefit from the following:
- Oxford insights into effective governance leadership and practice
- Enhanced awareness of Board dynamics and decision-making
- Deeper confidence, agency and resilience in the role of a Governance Professional
- On-going tutorial support
- Networking opportunities with Governance Professionals from across the sector
24 hour programme experience delivered via Zoom, followed by ongoing Oxford Tutorial support, 3 months, 6 months and 9 months after the programme.
The formal programme will start around 13:30 on Day 1 and will finish at 17:00 on Day 2
Prospective candidates must submit a Personal Statement (no more than 250 words) with a description about themselves as an individual, their college, their work experience, and why they are applying for the programme.
Personal Statements can be sent to ETFGPDP@sbs.ox.ac.uk.