Professional Boundaries (Code: C1131)
Professional Boundaries training is designed to support Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) in the development and maintenance of professional boundaries in their work with children and young people. The training will combine a mixture of theory, research and practice, covered by direct interactive teaching, interactive exercises, case study analysis, small and large group discussions, homework exercises, workbook completion, follow-up refresher training and a participation quiz.
Who is this for?
Designated Safeguarding Leads.
- To explore and define professional boundaries in the context of safeguarding.
- To recognise the dynamic and interactive nature of professional boundaries.
- To be able to identify the contextual and cultural influences in boundary setting and maintenance in FE.
- To recognise and discuss personal strengths and vulnerabilities in setting and maintaining professional boundaries.
- To develop confidence and competence in establishing and maintaining professional boundaries.
- To develop confidence and competence responding effectively to attempted or actual boundary violations.
- To identify a range of strategies, techniques and interventions to maintain PBs and counter potential violations.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Define professional boundaries.
- Identify three general factors that may influence the dynamic nature professional boundaries.
- Identify three factors that may influence the dynamic nature professional boundaries that are specific to FE.
- Identify three areas of personal strength and three areas of personal vulnerability in setting and maintaining boundaries.
- Be able to clearly articulate how to establish boundaries.
- Be able to clearly articulate what to do in the event of an actual or attempted violation.
- Identify between 5 and 10 strategies to maintain professional boundaries and counter potential violations.
4 x 1.5 hour sessions
- Wednesday 24 March 2021, 15.00-16.30
- Monday 29 March 2021, 10.00-11.30
- Monday 19 April 2021, 10.00-11.30
- Thursday 22 April 2021, 15.00-16.30
Safeguarding and/or Prevent must be your main role i.e. Designated Safeguarding Lead, Deputy Safeguarding Lead, Safeguarding Officer or Lead for the organisation.