#APConnect: Deepening your Thinking Environment Practice (Code: C1151)
- Instructive pre-course activities
- Three sessions dedicated to practising Thinking Environment facilitation, including Ideas Rooms
- Responsive support group
- Reflective post-course activities
Who is this for?
This course is designed for experienced practitioners operating in AP-type roles who are interested in using Thinking Environment processes to drive affirmative, healthy change. It is as useful in the classroom as it is in the boardroom, the staffroom and anywhere where human beings engage in productive conversation with one another. It has appeal across the broadest settings and contexts of FE.
You may be known by a range of titles such as:
- Teaching and Learning Coaches
- Advanced Practitioners
- Learning Practitioners
- Teaching Improvement Practitioners
- Quality Lead/ Manager
- Leader/manager of those operating in Advanced-Practitioner-type roles
The training aims to equip participants with the skills, confidence and deep, values-led knowledge of how to facilitate Thinking Environments with staff and students. It provides detailed, up-to-the minute content (including Thinking Environments online) and opportunities for practice and feedback.
By the end of the course, participants who have chosen to immerse themselves in this culture-changing experience will feel hopeful, identify their own purpose and confidently take action*.
*NESTA UK's 2018 definition of 'good help' in public service.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Select the appropriate Thinking Environment application for the situation at hand.
- Facilitate with confidence, holding the Ten Components in place.
- Play an active part in a supporting Thinking Environment practitioner community.
This is an online programme with asynchronous and synchronous elements. All parts are mandatory
Pre-course activities (approximately 2 hours) prior to commencement of start date
Session 1: Zoom (4 hours)
Session 2: Zoom (3 hours)
Session 3: Zoom (2.5 hours)
If an organisation wishes to run this module in-house for staff (ideally managers) it will be reconfigured to run as a full day. Please note resource is limited and in-house delivery will be prioritised for individuals who have not participated in #APConnect 2021 - 2022 pathways. This is to help achieve the DfE's ambition to reach as many practitioners as possible.
Experienced practitioners in the FE and Training Sector:
- working in an Advanced Practitioner-type role and carrying out some of the functions as identified by Tyler et al.
- responsible for leading and managing a team of AP/T&L Coaches in their workplace.
- tasked with forming and coordinating a team of APs or T&L Coaches.
Participants are required to leave role, rank and ego at the door, and work as an equal thinker with others.