#APConnect: Leading AP Teams - Advanced Practice (Code: C1152)
In this module, AP leaders will be exposed to:
- current thinking and research on leadership of teaching and learning in Further Education
- evidence-based approaches to improving teaching and learning
- applied skills for managing and developing AP teams
- a collaborative forum in which to share and exchange ideas for best practice in this area
- a reflective space in which to practise and develop their own communication skills for leading AP teams.
Who is this for?
Experienced practitioners in the FE sector with:
- responsibility for leading and managing a team of Advanced Practitioners/Teaching & Learning Coaches in their workplace and/or
- been tasked with forming and coordinating a team of APs or T&L Coaches
You may be known by a range of titles such as:
- Quality Manager/Lead
- Director of Quality
- T&L Manager
- Head of T&L
- Vice Principal for TLA or Organisational Development
- Vice Principal for Innovation and Improvement
- Staff Development Manager
- Professional Development Lead.
The training aim of the module is to develop and extend the knowledge and skills of those who lead Advanced Practitioner-type teams so you can amplify the reach and impact of AP-type work in your context.
The module blends pre-module activity, content delivery and a subsequent webinar to ensure you can link prior learning and practice to new perspectives and then apply new learning in your workplace context.
The three-part format allows for extended networking and exchange of experiences and practices across the group of participants, with the final webinar providing an opportunity for you to share practice and evaluate the learning process on this module and from the small workplace project.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Support and develop the conditions in your workplace in which collegial interaction centred on Teaching and Learning can happen.
- Put into practice the leadership of Teaching and Learning in your role as an AP Leader.
- Identify and practise core communication and organisational skills for leadership of your AP team.
- Promote and enable the AP function within your organisational hierarchy.
This is an online module which will be delivered by Joanne Miles with input from Prof. Matt O'Leary. It consists of the following elements:
- pre-module activity
- live content via Zoom (full day)
- post session tasks (including small-scale project)
- group coaching support between the live sessions
- live follow up webinar.
Please make sure you can commit to all offline and live elements before you book. Access a detailed breakdown of indicative content.
You must currently lead a group of APs/TLA Coaches or have a recent remit to form a new group of APs/TLA Coaches.
You may have experience of carrying out some of these activities:
- recruiting, coordinating & leading teams of APs
- setting targets and goals for APs and managing their performance
- development of strategy for TLA and quality improvement
- coordinating programmes of CPD
- leading/contributing to organisational strategy for lesson observations
- carrying out lesson observations & related professional dialogues