'What Next? - supporting my leadership development' (Code: C1169)
Maybe you have attended our Women Up sessions and are wondering what to do next for your professional and personal development? Maybe you miss the networking opportunities and the warmth and support of other women on the courses? Or maybe you have never been on a Women Up course and you want to know what it can offer you?
The 'What Next' course is an opportunity to think and plan your professional development and have great conversations about leadership with other women in the sector. It is space and time for you.
£50 for all three sessions.
As part of the WLN's commitment to intersectional gender equality WLN is offering some 100% bursaries for black, minoritised, and marginalised women who are underrepresented in leadership in all kinds of FE, skills, and lifelong learning.
Tel./text Catina Barrett on 07920493620 for details.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Current and aspiring women leaders in all their diverse identities
- Women who want time to reflect on what they want out of their professional lives and to think about the kind of leader they want to be.
- Women who have already attended previous courses delivered by WLN - Women Up, Women and Wellbeing, Trauma-informed Leadership or #YouToo and want to maintain their support network of women leaders.
- Women who have never attended any courses delivered by WLN before and want to find out more about them.
- Women who will commit to attend all three sessions to support and be supported by other women across the sector.
The 3 sessions will give you:
- Time and space to think about what you want from your professional life.
- An interactive, safe and brave space to discuss what leadership development means from an intersectional feminist perspective.
- Opportunities to meet and network with diverse women from across the sector.
- Find out about the range of courses and events coming up from ETF and WLN.
- Tell us what matters to you and have a say in what else WLN offers.
As a result of the sessions you will:
- Gain an understanding of the kind of leader you want to be
- Develop a plan for your leadership journey
- Build your network of supportive women across the sector
- Gain awareness of opportunities available to you.
Three sessions, lasting two hours: 9.30-11.30am (26th Oct, 2nd Nov and 9th Nov).
Each sessions builds on the previous. It is important to commit to attending all three sessions for your own professional development and to support and show solidarity to other women on the course.