GCSE Booster: Raising Achievement in GCSE maths
Maths and English Pipeline
SET member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at any teachers of English who want to be able to deliver the English Language GCSE with confidence - whether they are new to teaching the subject, lack confidence, or are preparing to teach it in the future. It can be adapted for teachers in a wide range of settings including general FE, independent training providers, third sector, adult education, the secure estate and many other providers.
- explore the requirements of the new GCSE
- structure lessons effectively and develop schemes of work
- examine the questions students may struggle with
- review the skills students need to achieve at different levels
- support students' revision with effective study skills
- integrate effective assessment for learning.
Length of the course
The course consists of a one day face-to-face training session with plenty of ideas for further development and signposting to additional helpful resources.