An assessment for learning approach to English GCSE and Functional Skills (Code: C1181)
This webinar will support technical and vocational tutors, trainers and assessors to understand that assessment of English GCSEs and Functional Skills is a process of gathering data to better understand the progress of the learner and how to use this data to inform planning that lead to improvements in learning.
The course price is £25 per individual
For those employed at a non-SFA funded organisation, the price will be £37.50
SET members get 15% discount
In-house price per organisation
- £880 for up to 16 participants
- £1700 for 17 to 32 participants
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is primarily for English teachers, vocational tutors and assessors. It will also be of interest to staff who want to know more about the assessment process.
To describe to participants effective assessment for learning with a range of strategies, and activities to support learners to develop their understanding and confidence in using English.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Describe effective assessment for learning strategies for English GCSE and Functional Skills in your specific context.
- Identify at least three ways of managing challenges associated with assessment for learning.
- Describe the role of formative and summative assessment.