Vocational maths (Code: C1185)
This interactive course will support technical and vocational tutors, trainers and assessors to identify naturally occurring opportunities to develop learners' maths skills which are needed for them to successfully complete their study programme, apprenticeship or vocational or technical course. A range of resources and best practice approaches will be discussed.
The course price is £50 per individual
For those employed at a non-SFA funded organisation, the price will be £75
SET members get 15% discount
In-house price per organisation
- £880 for up to 16 participants
- £1700 for 17 to 32 participants
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is for teachers and other practitioners delivering GCSE or Functional Skills maths in the Further Education and Training sector.
To provide participants with a range of strategies, and activities to support vocational and technical learners to develop their understanding and confidence of using maths.
At the end of the course you will have:
- Experienced a range of activities which have been used successfully with post-16 learners.
- Discussed how these activities can be adapted for your vocational areas and circumstances.
- Reflected on how you might use these activities and approaches in your own teaching.