Governance Professionals Development Workshops with Kay White (Code: C1204)
We are privileged to be joined by Kay White, an expert career coach, motivational speaker and best-selling author, for a series of online workshops for governance professionals.
Based on research, programme feedback, and conversations with the sector, these tailored and targeted workshops aim to meet the demand as set out by governance professionals, for greater self-development.
Who is this for?
Clerks, Directors of Governance, Governance Professionals of FE Boards.
The sessions cover the following key themes:
• Position & Own The Value of Your Governance Role. Articulate what you contribute to the organisation and really 'own it' so you're heard and paid attention to. Includes general principles of communicating value and specifics of how to define and encapsulate the key value you personally contribute.
• Communicate With Impact & Influence, naturally. Understand and further develop the 'softer skills' which give you the edge in the Board Room and within the organisation. Includes key phrases, persuasion, questioning skills, resilience in conflict conversations.
•Collaboration, Commerciality, Communication & You. Practical applications of your Governance skills whilst maintaining and demonstrating your critical Governance technical skills.
Governance Professionals will gain a heightened understanding of how to be that highly valued trusted advisor for their Boards and senior executives, in a way that benefits all within the governance arena. This focus on your value, communication skills, and influencing techniques, will take the expert Governance Professionals to a greater level of contribution, further supporting you in the key role you play within the dynamics of Governance and the Board.
Governance Professionals will benefit from the following:
- Kay White's experience as a professional career coach, mentor, author, and speaker.
- Insights into clearer communication to get people's attention and get them into action for you.
- Enhanced awareness of how you are perceived by others and how to change that message.
- Top takeaways to immediately implement for high impact change.
- Deeper confidence, agency and resilience in the role of a Governance Professional.
3 x 1.5-hour workshop experience, including knowledge exchange, small group working, and a Q&A.
Upon registration, you will receive a form from our expert facilitator to ensure each session is tailored and targeted to deliver impactful change.