New to Senior Leadership Programme (Code: C1209)
This innovative New to Senior Leadership Programme has been designed for leaders who have taken up a senior leadership role or would like support to develop in their senior leadership role. Aligned to ETF's leadership pipeline, it will enable newly appointed senior leaders to take up their roles more effectively and forge a cross-sector cadre of leaders.
The cost of this programme is £975 per participant.
Who is this for?
The New to Senior Leadership programme is for leaders who have taken up a senior leadership role within the last 18 months.
As participants on the programme, you will benefit from:
- Acquiring the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to succeed and operate successfully at senior level.
- Building your personal resilience, confidence, influence, and capabilities to prepare for the challenges and demands of senior leadership.
- Being critically aware of your personal approach to leadership - biases, blind spots, attitude to diversity - and how to continue to develop your leadership after the programme.
- Tackling real workplace issues, reflecting what is needed to promote confident high-performing, and continuously-improving organisations.
- Building a powerful, regional and national support network of like-minded, influential leaders that impact the organisation and system.
- Being able to move beyond organisational leadership, into system leadership roles that span organisational boundaries.
Working more strategically with greater collaboration across organisations.
- A senior leader that has been in post for less than 18 months or a senior leader that would like the opportunity to take part in leadership development for their strategic role.
- A broad understanding of the role of senior leaders and the importance of leadership in the FE sector.
- Support from your manager or a senior organisational sponsor to undertake the programme.
- A firm commitment to attend all programme events and undertake personally-directed learning throughout and beyond the programme.
- Demonstrable leadership potential in Further Education.
- A strong interest in your own leadership development and in sharing learning and experience with others.
- An understanding of how your role can and will contribute to improving learning outcomes and opportunities for your local population.