Governance Professionals Executive Coaching and Mentoring (Code: C1216)
The research project The Unseen Strategic Leader found that over three-quarters of governance professionals had never accessed or had very limited access to 1-2-1 support. Yet, it was the support that most governance professionals advised would have the greatest impact on their ability to deliver effective governance to the sector. With this mind, ETF has developed this executive coaching programme for governance professionals as part of a wider provision of coaching and mentoring alongside experts Beyond Governance and Kay White.
Who is this for?
Clerks, Directors of Governance, Governance Professionals of FE Boards.
Beyond Governance are governance consultants and experts by background, so are always aware of current governance best practise. Their role in this programme is to guide, support, challenge and educate participants in different ways of operating through a mentoring and coaching approach, enabling you to step out of the shadows and becoming a changemaker within your organisation. When they are not training and mentoring, they are implementing in organisations what they teach, they understand the practical application of governance and they practice what they preach.
Kay White will provide a personalised and confidential opportunity to unlock your potential and maximise your performance, to support the journey to effective leadership in governance. The offer is for both governance specific leadership challenges as well as general personal development and will consist of tailored and personalised coaching support. Please note all sessions with Kay White have now been allocated.
Sessions will cover any of the following topics which can be refined according to changing priorities:
- Understanding your environment
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Time management skills
- Building strong, valuable relationships
- Enhancing your EQ
- Stepping out of the shadows
- Becoming a changemaker
You will have knowledge and confidence to:
- Provide effective support for the chair through a deep understanding of different communication styles, having had a safe place to gain perspective.
- Anticipate strategic problems, engage effectively with the right people, and mobilise resources to solve them, by having a deeper level of learning.
- Be solutions-driven and demonstrate tenacity, resilience, and persistence in reaching the right decisions and goals, through increased personal awareness.
Up to four one-hour sessions per participant over a period of six months, private coaching support for skills, strategies, and challenges.
One-on-one sessions will be conducted via Microsoft Teams. This is a flexible provision suited to the needs of each individual.