Taking EDS Teaching Further (Code: C1221)
These hands on practical extending learning webinars will support teachers/trainers/assessors and support staff to develop their pedagogy focused on:
- Embedding of essential digital skills across curriculum areas e.g. ESOL, Vocational skills, English and maths
- Developing content knowledge and harnessing EdTech to teach digital skills
Who is this for?
Teachers and managers who are preparing to deliver EDS qualifications or who wish to develop practitioners' digital skills.
Teachers/tutors/trainers/lecturers/instructors/assessors/support staff who will be involved in delivering Essential Digital Skills training at Entry and Level 1 including:
- teaching in Prisons and the Probation services
- working with learners with special educational needs and disabilities
- developing the digital skills of those for whom English in not their first language
- teaching on programmes described as preparation for life and work
- providing support in a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) role.
Curriculum managers/leaders who will be involved in supporting delivering within the organisations. For example:
- Learning & Teaching/Curriculum/Quality/Improvement managers
- CPD leads o Functional Skills leads
- Advanced practitioners
Support teachers in extending their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the EDS national standards to adult learners. A key focus will be the pedagogy and effective teaching of:
- transacting online
- creating and editing digital content.
The training will use a workshop approach and will focus on:
- Practical delivery of EDS
- Highlight useful resources on the ETF's Enhance Digital Teaching Platform (EnhanceDTP)
- Provide an opportunity to exchange ideas, discuss challenges and share practice.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Extend your instructional skills to teach EDS courses
- Determine how to scaffold and present EDS materials to your learners
- Identify resources to support your own and others' CPD
- Identify next steps in relation to the CPD support programme for EDS
Contribute to communities of practice
60 minute workshop.
Prior to the workshop participants will register on the EnhanceDTP
To qualify for a place on this course you will need to be delivering or managing the delivery of Essential Digital Skills. You will need to be working in an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL, Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND