Governance Professionals' Leadership Programme (Code: C1225)
The Governance Professionals’ Leadership Programme focuses on developing the governance professional’s leadership capabilities, thereby enabling them to anticipate and resolve strategic problems, support the Chair and the development of an effective board, while serving as an authoritative voice and trusted adviser on governance.
£650 per participant.
Free 1-day alumni event.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 24 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Halton, Hartlepool, Hastings, Ipswich, Knowsley, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, Coast, Norwich, Nottingham, Oldham, Portsmouth, Rochdale, Salford, Sandwell, Stoke-on-Trent, Tameside, Walsall, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
Who is this for?
This course is open to experienced governance professionals in the further education sector.
This programme, designed with the Institute of Directors, will help develop the governance professional's leadership capabilities, enabling them to anticipate and resolve strategic challenges, support the Chair and the development of an effective board, while serving as an authoritative voice and trusted adviser on governance. Prior to the programme, all participants will have the option to complete a strengths profiling tool which will identify existing strengths along with possible development areas, as well as providing insight into the individual's personal leadership approach. Participants will have the opportunity to reflect on their roles as governance leaders throughout the programme and following its completion by participating in action learning sets, which will take place virtually over a six-month timeframe. In addition, all participants will be eligible for IoD Associate membership.
Having completed this programme, the participant will be able to:
1. Report improved confidence in becoming recognised as authoritative voices on governance and regulation.
2. Report improved ability to exercise authority over, and accountability for, the governance function
The Governance Professionals' Leadership Programme (GPLP) includes a 2.5 day residential between 02/10/22 and 04/10/22. Following the residential component, participants will take part in virtual action learning sets during a six-month timeframe until March 2023.
It is expected that those participating will have gained a governance qualification or attended relevant training on governance (such as through The Chartered Governance Institute or the ETF Governance Professionals' Expert programme) prior to joining this programme.