Preparing to Deliver the Apprenticeship Standards
SET member: £212.50 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Venue: Burnley Football Club, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, BB10 4BX
Who is this course for?
The course is for apprenticeship practitioners looking to gain new knowledge, skills and qualifications to fit them for the world of standards and end-point assessment
The aim of the course is to provide apprenticeship practitioners with new skills to support apprentices' learning
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Identify your role and responsibilities in delivering apprenticeships that meet the needs of employers and apprentices
- Apply key principles of assessment and select appropriate methods for apprentices working towards end-point assessment (EPA)
- Translate apprenticeship standards into a schedule of taught sessions that meet the identified learning needs of apprentices
- Apply relevant theories of teaching and educational practice to the development of workplace learning
- Analyse workplace environments and their potential for developing apprentices' capabilities in negotiation with employers and others.
- Plan learning activities that develop an appropriate range of technical and personal skills, including the development of maths and English
- Reflect on your progress towards the Education and Training Foundation's 2014 professional standards and your future needs for professional development.
Length of the course
The course will run over the equivalent of five days. Some centres are offering this as a one-week course, so that candidates can stay in the area for the week; others will run it one day per week. Please check details under courses near to you.
This course is designed for experienced apprenticeship practitioners so there is an expectation that you will already have experience as an assessor or trainer on work-based programmes. There are no qualification requirements. The module has been written at Level 4 but the key requirement is experience in supporting apprenticeship learning.