Digital technology: developing your practice (maths and English)
Maths and English Pipeline
SET Member: £85 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk/
Non-SET Member: £100
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the SFA. For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £150.
Organisations can host a course and invite between 6 and 10 of their own staff for £600. Further places will be made available to external participants at the prices above.
Organisations can host a course and have up to 16 staff attending an exclusive session for £880.
* sessions for larger numbers may be possible, please speak to your Regional Specialist Lead for more details.
Who is this course for?
- Functional Maths and English teachers
- Vocational tutors and assessors involved in embedded support
- Learning Support Assistants
It aims to explore and evaluate a range of e-learning tools and websites with direct reference to their relevance in improving learner engagement and achievement in Functional English and Functional Maths.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- reflect on the way digital technology can enrich good practice in Functional Skills teaching as well as promote innovative delivery models
- share examples of good practice in the use of e-learning tools and digital approaches
- evaluate a range of tutor-devised digital resources created for use in classroom teaching and in blended learning
- explore some popular online resource banks, websites, blogs and YouTube channels
- access follow up support through an online network for Maths and English teachers in the post-16 sector.
Length of the course
One full day with opportunities for further support and collaborative activity
You should be teaching or supporting English and/or maths skills development.