Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Apprenticeships - online learning course
This is a free online course.
- Please book onto this course by clicking the 'Book' button below
- Next, you will receive joining instructions which will provide you with the link to the Online Learning platform together with the enrollment key to access the course.
Who is this course for?
The course is primarily aimed at front-line staff who have daily interactions with apprentices, for example:
- on-programme assessors
- apprenticeship managers or heads of department
- employer engagement staff
- learner / apprentice support staff.
The course aims to inform and encourage action, by helping you:
- identify your current knowledge and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and the apprenticeship reforms
- identify barriers and challenges that apprentices within the nine protected characteristics may face during the new apprenticeship standards journey
- consider solutions and good practice to overcome these barriers and ensure apprenticeships are accessible and inclusive for all
- reflect and identify how your practice should change (and that of your team and organisation).
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- understand equality legislation and the apprenticeship reforms
- identify barriers and challenges that some apprentices may face in the reformed apprenticeship system
- consider solutions and changes to your practice that could help overcome these barriers
- complete a personal and organisational action plan to encourage changes to your practice and that of your organisation
- access additional resources and information (for those who need additional support or who want to explore issues in more depth)
- measure your increase in confidence, as a result of the course.
Length of the course
The online course takes approximately two hours to complete. With specialist resources on mental-health for extended learning.
If you're a team leader or apprenticeship manager, why not consider arranging a half-day CPD session for staff using the course, with time afterwards for discussion and sharing good practice across apprenticeship teams and departments?
This course is free to access and is open to all staff involved in the delivery of apprenticeships.