ETF Centres for Excellence in SEND: Employers Spokes: All Our Talents (Code: C1308)
Cross-sector businesses will have a chance to hear from other employers about:
- The opportunities and barriers in creating inclusive working environments
- The business case and social value of engagement
- How the skills and talents of young people with SEND can support 'skills led recovery' and future proof your business
- The support available from colleges and Hampshire County Council in overcoming barriers.
Portsmouth - In Action: Hearing from the Workforce of the Future
Price: no charge
Booking Close Date: 15/02/2022
Co-delivered by young people the session will provide opportunities for cross-sector businesses to hear from their peers and young people about the skills and talents young people with special educational needs and disabilities bring to the workplace
Date: 17/02/2022 11:30 - 15:00
Venue: Lily and Lime Cafe, Central Portsmouth Library, PO1 2DX
No suitable dates or locations? Please register your interest and we will let you know about new events as they are announced.
Who is this for?
- Employers (Large, SME's and third sector) from cross industry
- Commissioners of public Services / procurement
- Colleges and further education providers.
- To engage employers from a range of industries across the South East of the country to discuss how supported people with SEND to access workplace opportunities
- To support business in overcoming challenges and recognize the talent and skills brought to the market by young people with SEND
- To increase the engagement of employers in work placements and paid employment opportunities for young people
- Drawing on the experience of colleges and employers working alongside the SEND Employability Hubs and Employment and Skills Hubs to showcase effective practice in achieving this aim.
- Employers will hear from their peers about the process and benefits of engaging with young people with SEND
- Employers will be able to address any concerns or barriers they might face when engaging with young people with SEND
- Employers will be able to appreciate the valuable recognition across employers of the talented and skilled cohort of young people that have been previously unrecognised
- Employers will be able to support to 'Future proof' the employment and skills requirements within their sector through partnership working
- Employers will be supported to put Corporate Social Responsibility into action, and meet the requirements of the Social Value Act where applicable
- Employers will be supported to implement and showcase commitment to diversity and equality
- Employers will be supported to engage young people with SEND in their community to ensure they are representative of the clients they engage.