Boosting achievement in English with reading for pleasure
Maths and English Pipeline
SET member: £41.50 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £50.00
Who is this course for?
These half-day courses are aimed at practising English teachers, managers and library staff in FE delivering GCSE, Functional Skills and ESOL in all settings funded by the Skills Funding Agency.
These lively courses will inspire you to weave reading for pleasure into your everyday practice and help your learners to gain all the benefits that reading can bring to their lives.
The courses will help you to:
- understand the context and value of integrating reading for pleasure into your delivery
- feel more confident about engaging reluctant readers whatever their starting-point
- make effective use of practical tools for promoting reading for pleasure such as reading challenges and reading groups
- identify reading materials likely to appeal to a range of different learners
- advocate the use of reading for pleasure to your teaching colleagues and managers
Length of the course
These courses run from 1.30 - 4.00 pm and will include plenty of opportunity to hear about effective practice and to share ideas for using reading for pleasure with your learners.