GCSE English Writing: CPD Training for Teachers (asynchronous) (Code: C1310)
The aim of this technical English writing course is to help you develop your learners' writing skills. The course is based on a really interesting study, Aspects of Writing, published by Cambridge Assessment in 2016. It provides a fascinating analysis of the language that students actually use during GCSE exams. We have built in tools to help you assess learners' work and give actionable feedback. During the course you will have access to practical activities to explore the language features that GCSE candidates use across the ability range.
Who is this for?
If you teach English resits in FE, then this course is for you. The content is primarily aimed at teachers of GCSE English but teachers of functional skills will also find it useful.
The aim of this technical English writing course is to help you develop your learners' writing skills.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify textual features of GCSE writing, as identified in the Cambridge Assessment 'Aspects of Writing' research study
- Evaluate the significance of textual writing features and how they affect the quality of your students' writing
- Use your understanding of textual features to assess and mark students' work
- Provide meaningful and actionable feedback to students and monitor their skills development over time
- Use writing samples to help students evaluate their own work and take steps to improve further.
Three sessions, each of around two hours.