Stepping into Leadership (Code: C1326)
Stepping into Leadership is the Further Education and Skills sector's new development programme for first-time leaders.
Who is this for?
Stepping into Leadership is open to new leaders who have recently moved into their first leadership role. The programme is available to first-time leaders who have been in post for under 18 months and have not received any development training.
The programme is open to colleagues from across colleges, sixth form colleges, Independent Training Providers, adult and local authority providers. The programme has been designed to meet the needs of first-time leaders across curriculum and teaching-related roles and those in professional support services functions.
We particularly welcome participants that reflect the diversity of the FE and Skills sector. We recognise that evidence shows that people from minority groups often feel less confident about putting themselves forward for development programmes. Our delivery team is committed to involving people with a vast range of experiences and backgrounds.
For many sector first-time leaders, this programme will provide the first opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and tools to step into a leadership role.
As part of this high-impact training programme, first-time leaders will be supported by sector leadership experts to develop their thinking and practice in an environment that builds self-awareness, commitment and leadership confidence.
First-time leaders will work alongside peers from other organisations, developing their professional networking skills whilst being introduced to a range of concepts, frameworks and tools to utilise in their day-to-day leadership practice.
This highly effective program is aimed at improving professional effectiveness for first-time leaders.
Post this program first-time leaders will:
- Have built a foundation level of knowledge and understanding of the priorities, policies and key developments in the sector and their organisations.
- Gained a clear understanding of leadership/management frameworks, building new social and professional dynamics with colleagues.
- Be able to to inspire, motivate and communicate with purpose.
- Be able drive high performance across their areas of responsibility.
- Have the skills and tools to manage their well-being and the well-being of colleagues.
- Be more confident, self-aware and committed to furthering their leadership learning.
The duration of each in-house or open cohort is two months.
The programme is available to first-time leaders who have been in post for under 18 months and have not received development training.