Initial Teacher Training Enhancement Programme
Training for FE Teacher Trainers
SET member: £276.25 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at any current managers and teachers; advanced or lead practitioners; learning and performance coaches and mentors working in the FE and Skills sector to deliver Initial Teacher Training.
Improve your capacity to facilitate high quality, sector relevant, Initial Teaching Training.
This programme has been designed to promote professionalism and improve the quality and availability of CPD for staff teaching Initial Teacher Training programmes in the Further Education and Skills sector.
Throughout there will be lots of practical ideas, opportunities for knowledge exchange and the sharing of resources that have had proven impact on learning.
- be an effective teacher of Initial Teacher Training in the evolving FE and Skills sector
- effectively motivate trainees to engage with and apply the Professional Standards within their practice, beyond just competence and compliance
- confidently use the best strategies for teaching trainees, including how to make learning the programme high value, relevant and enjoyable
- address the contemporary issues, priorities and themes in order for trainers to provide relevant and expansive professional learning
- use data effectively to track and support learner progress
- effectively support the progression of your trainees
- develop your trainees' understanding of how to integrate employability skill development in classroom teaching and learning, to include English and STEM skills
- enhance flexible learning through technology
- build capacity for quality improvement in Initial Teacher Training provision through action research.
Length of the course
This practical four day course will give you the opportunity to improve your subject knowledge and skills, learn what to teach and how to teach it best.
Day 1: Dual professionalism, professional standards and coaching for success
Day 2: Creating relevant contextualised Initial Teacher Training
Day 3: Innovative use of technology to enhance learning
Day 4: Assessment and data handling to track and support learner progress.
Applicants should be teaching or directly contributing to the delivery of Further Education initial teacher training qualifications. If you are a prospective teacher trainer please contact us for discussion.