Leading SEND - Sharing Our Trauma-informed Approaches (Code: C1332)
To showcase and demonstrate how trauma-informed approaches can be applied and practised in learning and skills settings in your work with learners, parents/carers and colleagues. There are three sessions, each exploring how small but powerful changes to how we do things can make a big impact:
- Bravery - creating the space. (Jan 17th 12.30-1.30pm)
- Listening - the gift of curiosity in leadership (Jan 31st 12.30-1.30pm)
- Self- care - authenticity and celebration (Feb 14th 12.30-1.30pm)
These sessions are primarily aimed at managers and practitioners. Questions raised in the three focus groups will also inform a follow-up session with Dr Paul, Principal and CEO at Weston College on how senior leaders can take a trauma-informed approach.
Following participation in the three focus groups you will:
- Understand how trauma impacts on feelings and behaviours
- Understand more about trauma - informed approaches
- Hear about the different ways other providers have been applying trauma-informed approaches to create space and time for kindness and what it means to really listen deeply to each other.
- Explore strategies for self-care that role-model kindness.
3 x 1 hour sessions
We will require a commitment to attend all three sessions for a place to be allocated.