Future Leadership webinar series - Working with schools: how to make sure that collaboration is king
Leadership, Management & Governance Training
SET members: £21.25
Non SET-member: £25
NB. You are purchasing a recording of the On-line Seminar for you to view at your convenience or use for training purposes.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this course for?
College leaders, training provider chief executives, directors, curriculum leads, senior managers and aspiring leaders
Traditionally, the FE sector has only been interested in schools as providers of feeder students for their courses. This is changing, with independent organisations helping to create strategic partnerships between schools, businesses and colleges. This webinar will provide some insight into the eco-system of education and the different expectations/needs of primary and secondary in the context of moving into FE.
- When should careers information and guidance start and how should it be offered? • How do colleges and training providers support schools in delivering information, advice and guidance?
- How and why are strategic partnerships, enterprise networks and opportunity being developed?
- Do students need more opportunities to reflect their values, needs and the bigger picture so they can make informed decisions and choices
- How can careers guidance be used to challenge and explore pre-existing beliefs, without external agendas influencing the discussions
You will have the confidence and knowledge to:
- question career education experts in how best to work with schools in preparation for their students' progression to FE
- understand the intersection of policy and practice in careers work
- identify the impact of career development interventions in primary and secondary settings - the role of online and digital technologies in career development
- discuss the DOTS Model (decision making, opportunity awareness, self-awareness and transition) and whether this model allows students time to reflect on their values, needs and understanding
consider how your organisation could get involved with strategic partnerships and enterprise networks
Length of the course
Recorded webinar with accompanying documents.