Digital Skills Matter (Code: C1361)
The practitioner-led event will explore effective practice in the delivery of digital skills in the FE and Training sector and highlight how the new entitlement at Entry 3 and Level 1 has given learners the opportunity to participate in an increasingly digital world and take advantage of digital technology.
Practitioners will share their experience and support each other to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver digital skills and Essential Digital Skills qualifications.
Who is this for?
Anyone teaching digital skills courses.
Teachers and leaders at all levels who wish to develop practitioners' digital skills.
Teachers and leaders who are preparing to deliver EDS qualifications at Entry and Level 1 including:
- teaching in Prisons and the Probation services
- working with learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- developing the digital skills of those for who English in not their first language (ESOL)
- teaching on programmes described as preparation for life and work
- teaching digital skills in vocational delivery
Support practitioners in developing their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the Essential Digital Skills national standards to adult learners by building a community who share their expertise and encourage others to develop effective practice.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Build relationships with colleagues from other organisations teaching digital skills
- Explore with peers pedagogical approaches for teaching digital skills and delivering EDSQ
- Evaluate strategies that develop and improve digital skills practice with learners
The Digital Skills Matter effective practice events are part of the Essential Digital Skills CPD programme. Further resources and the online Community of practice is on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
You will need to be working in an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL, Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND