Supporting learners with SEND to reach their potential
Leadership, Management & Governance Training
The course will focus on the current DfE policy and SFA processes for SEND provision and good practice in meeting SEND learners' needs. It will outline the findings of research into current provision, challenges providers have faced in securing funding for SEND learners and examples of good practice. It will allow leaders of ACL to: understand better the policy landscape; apply this to their own provision for SEND learners; and discuss how to implement and build on the examples of good practice.
SET member: £42.50 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £50
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the SFA. For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £200.
Who is this course for?
Managers of SEND provision.
The aims of the course are to:
- understand better the policy landscape
- review the draft guidance for providers
- apply this to their own provision for SEND learners
- discuss how to implement and build on the examples of good practice identified in the research.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- understand the current DfE policy and SFA processes for securing funding and confirming places for SEND learners including those with high needs;
- provide feedback on and contribute to the draft guidance for providers that will include examples of good practice
- apply this understanding of the policy landscape to your own departments and job roles, including how to work ever more closely with you counterparts in other Council Departments, for example in Adult Social Care, in order to prioritise funding and services
- consider the implications for SEND learners post local devolution of the Adult Education Budget
- use the findings in the report on good practice in meeting SEND learners' development needs and recommendations for providers to review and develop your own provision.
Length of the course
An understanding of SEND learners and the programmes they follow.