Best Practice for Working with Support Workers in the Maths and English Classroom (Code: C1376)
Discussion-based session to share best practice using the 3 main areas
1. Plan for Improvement: Providing a framework for organisations to consider the impact of support workers. Are we comfortable that we know what outstanding support work looks like?
2. What intervention is the most effective to raise learner achievement and engagement in maths and English
3. Exploring the benefits of developing support workers into specialists. We will share a specific case study into how this has developed into an outstanding model of best practice and motivational career structure.
Who is this for?
Managers, Lecturers/teachers of English and Maths
This webinar focuses on sharing best practice amongst delegates around how we can use support workers most effectively. The training is aimed at middle managers and teachers who are able to create change in organisations to boost the impact a support worker can have on a learners journey
The outcomes of the course aims to:
- Support organisations to assess their current position for effective support, by using a framework to recognise outstanding practice.
- Share practice around how different interventions can be effective in improving maths and English outcomes for learners
- Explore examples of case studies of how to implement effective support for staff who are new or wanting to improve their practice as a support worker.