Leading teaching and learning for maths and English managers
Maths and English Pipeline
SET member: £255 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £300 (for individuals working in the further education and training sector and who are employed by a SFA-funded organisation).
Unsubsidised fee: £450 (not employed by a SFA-funded organisation)
Who is this course for?
Those with first line management or co-ordination responsibility formaths and/or English teachers i.e.
- first line managers of maths/English teachers
- curriculum leads for maths/English
- team leaders for maths/English
- advanced practitioners for maths/English.
To prepare you to be better equipped and more confident to lead maths and/or English provision in your organisations.
Day 1 (residential)
(Re) Imagining yourself as a Leader and working on 'Wicked Problems'
- Identify and share strategies for effective practice in the management of maths and English
- Explore the importance of ecologies of practice in supporting change in maths and English
- Use 'Thinking Environment' approaches
- Reflect on the use of Thinking Environment processes in leadership
- Make connections between personal aspirations and styles of leadership
- Develop a re imagining of themselves as leaders
- Considered 'wicked' problems to take forward into day two.
Identifying your issue and a plan to address it
- Outline key changes that you can make to maths and English provision, building on what you have already achieved
- Clarify your vision
- Identify who are the key influencers and their role in your vision, and how you can project your voice within your organisation so that they assume their role proactively to support improvements in maths and English
Length of the course
Two day residential in November 2017 with day 3 taking place in March 2018
You should typically be new to managing or coordinating maths and English provision within their organisation.
There will be some pre-course activity to undertake and project based work between the residential and day 3.