Leading teaching and learning for maths and English managers
Maths and English Pipeline
SET member: £255 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £300 (for individuals working in the further education and training sector and who are employed by a SFA-funded organisation).
Unsubsidised fee: £450 (not employed by a SFA-funded organisation)
Who is this course for?
Those with first line management or co-ordination responsibility formaths and/or English teachers i.e.
- first line managers of maths/English teachers
- curriculum leads for maths/English
- team leaders for maths/English
- advanced practitioners for maths/English.
To prepare you to be better equipped and more confident to lead maths and/or English provision in your organisations.
Day 1 & 2 (residential)
- developed and deepened relationships with peers who coordinate, manage and lead maths and/or English provision
- shared, interrogated and adapted examples of maths and/or English curriculum innovations
- critically reflected on leadership paradigms, theories and practices
- developed your own personal leadership vision and personal action plan
- experienced and applied 'The Thinking Environment' framework (Kline, 1984) - a simple, powerful and rigorous framework for transforming leadership and organisational culture.
- critically reflected and shared with peers project outcomes and 'leadership' lessons from implementing their work based project
- explored ideas and approaches from sector experts about improving maths and English provision including re-imaging assessment and learner tracking (CETTa Academy.)
- plan for the next stage of your work based project.
Length of the course
Two day residential in November 2016 with day 3 taking place in June 2017.
You should typically be new to managing or coordinating maths and English provision within their organisation.
There will be some pre-course activity to undertake and project based work between the residential and day 3.