#CfEMLive22 - Responsive Teaching (3 of 3) (Code: C1415)
Join the CfEM Live 2022 series of online events which see maths practitioners from across England sharing and celebrating outcomes from their latest action research projects. There are a total of three events, each focusing on a different theme.
Today’s theme is Responsive Teaching: helping teachers value and build on students’ prior learning and address individual needs.
Who is this for?
For everyone interested in the latest evidence into effective practice for FE maths learners in England on the topic of responsive teaching.
The event will be of particular interest to:
- All participants in the CfEM programme (2018 to 2022)
- Maths teachers and support staff from the FE and Training sector
- Maths curriculum leads
- Independent consultants working with the FE maths sector or/and with practitioner researchers
- Policy makers
Responsive Teaching is one of three CFEM Live 2022 online flexible events.
Hot off the press, find out about the innovations that CfEM teachers and support staff from across England have tried out this academic year.
Hear their research evidence and conclusions on ‘what works’ in FE maths teaching, learning and assessment.
Also learn how these FE maths teachers successfully use action research as a model of professional development to make focused and sustainable improvements to their own practice.
You can view the details of the topics covered in each of the provider-led presentations here. This document also includes details of provider-led presentations for Day 2 (Mathematical Resilience) and Day 3 (Responsive Teaching), as well as booking links for those events, should you wish to attend.
You will have knowledge and confidence to:
- Celebrate and give voice to the practitioner groups involved in CfEM collaborative action research.
- Learn and understand implications for your own practice and thinking, based on the most recent action research cycles conducted by FE teachers on the theme of ’Responsive teaching’
- Connect with a wider FE maths community.
- Be inspired to do your own action research projects.
This is an online event which will run from approximately 9:45 – 3.15pm.
Please do feel free to join at the relevant hour if you cannot make the entire event.
We would love to see you at the online event.
This event is the first of three days in the CfEM Live 2022 conference:
Day 1. Teaching for Mastery: enabling students to develop fluency and understanding of key ideas and mathematical structure.
Friday 24 June 2022 (9.45am – 3.15pm tbc)
Day 2. Mathematical Resilience: helping learners overcome negative attitudes and the various ways teams and organisations have developed a culture in which everyone believes all students can achieve.
Wednesday 29 June 2022 (9.45am – 2.45pm tbc)
Day 3. Responsive Teaching : helping teachers value and build on students’ prior learning and address individual needs.
Friday 1 July 2022 (9.45am – 2.45pm tbc)