Teach at Level 2: the complete introduction for non-specialists (English Language)
Maths and English Pipeline
Who is this course for?
This course will most benefit those who are new to or aspiring to teach GCSE or Functional Skills English. It is suitable for providers from across the breadth of the sector, including: FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers, Adult and Community Learning, the 3rd sector, offender learning and specialist colleges.
Above everything, the course aims to develop confidence in teaching GCSE or Functional Skills English. The course is structured around four key themes, exploring each of them in greater depth as the course progresses:
- teaching strategies
- personal English skills.
- be more confident delivering GCSE or Functional Skills English
- understand the structure of the qualifications and how they are assessed
- explore up-to-date thinking on curriculum, schemes of work and planning
- develop effective teaching strategies for success at this level, including approaches for motivating learners
- identify how a learner is performing and deliver effective feedback
- boost your personal English skills.
Length of the course
This is a two-day course with an opportunity in between the two sessions to practise some of the ideas explored and develop your personal English skills.
- be teachers who are aspiring to teach GCSE or Functional Skills English, or who have taught it for three years or less
- have an English qualification at level 2 or higher