Teach at Level 2: the complete introduction for non-specialists (maths)
Maths and English Pipeline
Who is this course for?
This course will most benefit those who are new to or aspiring to teach GCSE and functional skills maths. It is suitable for providers from across the breadth of the sector, including: FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers, Adult and Community Learning, the 3rd sector, offender learning and specialist colleges.
Above everything, the course aims to develop confidence in teaching GCSE and functional skills maths. The course is structured around four key themes, exploring each of them in greater depth as the course progresses:
- teaching strategies
- personal maths skills.
- be more confident delivering GCSE and functional skills maths
- understand the structure of the qualification and how it is assessed
- explore up-to-date thinking on curriculum, schemes of work and planning
- develop effective teaching strategies for success at this level, including approaches for motivating learners
- identify how a learner is performing and deliver effective feedback
- boost your personal maths skills.
Length of the course
This is a two-day course with an opportunity in between the two sessions to practise some of the ideas explored and develop your personal maths skills.
- be teachers who are aspiring to teach GCSE and functional skills maths, or who have taught it for three years or less
- have a maths qualification at level 2 or higher