Student Governor Inductions (Code: C1475)
Student Governor Inductions are to help students understand their role within their college board. The inductions are delivered by the Association of Colleges on behalf of ETF.
All inductions are free. AoC will be hosting seven online events and three in-person events.
Who is this for?
All Student Governors
Each student governor induction will support student governors in fulfilling their roles by aiming to improve understanding of the current further education sector landscape and ensure that they are made aware of their importance to the board.
The inductions aim to cover the following topics:
- Understanding the role of a Student Governor.
- Further Education (FE) Sector including funding, regulations, legal structures and stakeholders.
- Ethical standards, college priorities and an overview of college policy.
- Confidence building and leadership skills.
- Networking with other student governors.
Online inductions are 3.5 hours online and in-person inductions are 5 hours.