Resilience: develop your practice through coaching (maths and English)
Maths and English Pipeline
Three day package:
SET members: £212.50 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £250
Providers with up to five delegates: £800, and 6-10 delegates, £1,600. We will support you to fill the extra places but this is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with providers in your locality.
For organisations hosting in house for up to 16 of their own staff, £2,280.
Four day package:
SET members: £276.25 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET members: £325
For organisations hosting and putting five-nine members of staff on it, with other places filled by external participants, £2,100. For organisations hosting in-house for 10-15 of their own staff, £2,980.
Who is this course for?
The course is for teachers or trainers who:
- teach GCSE English language and/or maths
- teach functional English and/ or maths
- support learners' literacy and English skills, or maths and numeracy skills, in vocational contexts
This course may be particularly useful if you are in work-based learning and teaching both maths and English.
If your organisation is interested in hosting this three-day course, either on its own (if you have already hosted the one-day introductory course) or as a four-day package with either the Introduction to English resilience or Introduction to mathematical resilience course, you can register your interest. Courses can be run completely in house or for a number of staff with extra places filled by external participants.
This module will deepen and extend ideas introduced in either of the earlier modules, Introduction to mathematical resilience or Introduction to English resilience.
The focus is on developing coaching skills as a tool to transform learners' attitudes and approaches to English and maths, helping them to develop growth mindsets and resilience - with a wider impact on other learning.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- raise your own self awareness and recognise your impact on learners' attitudes and behaviour
- develop coaching techniques - including active listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
- use these techniques to engage and support learners, enabling them to develop personal agency and a willingness to undertake challenging English or maths tasks.
Length of the course
Three full days, ideally spread over several weeks, with access to further materials online.
You should be teaching, managing or supporting English or maths.
You must have completed the one-day Introduction to mathematics resilience or Introduction to English resilience course prior to commencing this module.