Student Governor Training (Code: C1533)
An interactive session designed to build the skills and knowledge of Student Governors to enable them to be effective in their roles. This session builds on the content from Student Governor Induction sessions, and provides opportunities for Student Governors to network and share experiences. The sessions are delivered by Unloc and all sessions are free to attend.
Who is this for?
All student governors
Each student governor training session will build on the content covered in induction sessions, whilst further developing a range of skills to help them become more effective in their role. In addition, the session provides opportunities for Student Governors to network and share experiences.
The training session aims to cover the following topics:
● The role of the student governor and the changing FE landscape (recap)
● Effective questioning & analysis
● Having your voices heard and influencing evidence-based decision making
● Overcoming challenges and embracing opportunities as a Student Governor
● Developing leadership skills to impact the governance role
2 hours (online)
2 hours 30 minutes (in person)