Assessment for learning: develop your practice in English
Maths and English Pipeline
There are 3 pricing options:
1. Individual fees
SET member: £148.75 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £175
Hosting is great value and allows you to train 10 delegates for the single price of £1,100. We will support you to fill the extra places but this is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with providers in your locality.
N.B We would need a minimum of 12 bookings to run this course.
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and venue to suit?
- In-house course for up to 16 staff: £1,580
- In-house courses for up to 32 staff: £3,100
Who is this course for?
For teachers who:
- teach GCSE English language in post-16 settings
- teach Functional Skills English
- support learner's literacy development.
To prepare teachers to be better equipped and more confident to support their learners' English development through AfL approaches in the context of vocational training/ work.
You will be able to:
- explore the cognitive and affective domains of an AfL framework and apply it to your practice
- design learning tasks which enable learners and teachers to monitor, evaluate and review progress, to build on learners' prior knowledge, and match teaching to the needs of each learner
- critically review and implement AfL principles and strategies including clarifying and understanding learning outcomes and success criteria, promoting learner talk, effective questioning, providing formative feedback, self/ peer assessment and the development of judgement.
Length of the course
The two days training spread over four-six weeks will allow you to put into practice formative assessment with a group of your learners.
Delegates should be practising English teachers.