An introduction to curriculum planning
Venue: Novotel Birmingham Centre, 70 Broad Street, B1 2HT
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester, One Piccadilly Place, 1 Auburn Street, M1 3DG
Venue: CIWEM, 106-109 Saffron Hill, EC1N 8QS
Who is this course for?
You must be responsible for taking forward curriculum planning and design for apprenticeships.
The workshop is aimed at providers who are new to apprenticeships, those who are not yet ready to deliver standards and those who are ready to deliver standards but have no starts yet.
- Differences between frameworks and standards
- Assessment plans, end-point assessment and liaison strategies with Apprenticeship Assessment Organisations
- How to involve employers and others in the design of the apprenticeship
- Delivery model options including blended learning
- Monitoring / tracking apprentice progress.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to :
- Appreciate the various changes required to curriculum planning and content design in relation to new standards
- Apply new skills to the creative design of a curriculum offer appropriate to apprenticeship standards
- Develop a simple curriculum planning template to use within the organisation
- Cascade materials, learning and ideas through train-the-trainer approach
- Hear from other delegates and share best practice about different approaches being developed by the sector.
Length of the course
One day workshop (10am - 4pm)
This workshop will reference different standards and will not be sector specific.