Chairs Development Programme (Strand 2) (Code: C1675)
A new programme of interactive and engaging development responding to recent research conducted with FE and Sixth Form College Chairs. The study identified key elements which Chairs felt would enable them to deliver greater impact in this voluntary but highly demanding role.
The programme will be delivered by two highly experienced former College Group CEOs, Amanda Melton CBE and Dame Sally Dicketts. Since leaving their CEO roles, on behalf of ETF, they have been examining the potential of Chair and Board in securing the very best experience for students/ stakeholders.
Who is this for?
This course is open to all current chairs in the Further Education and Training sector.
This programme aims to provide high-quality learning in key aspects of college governance linked to the framework developed for chairs. It will also provide opportunities to meet and network with peers.
The series will explore:
- Securing the full potential of the Board, governance professional, and CEO and their team.
- Your role as Chair in leading curriculum design and quality improvement
- Building cultural capital from the boardroom to the classroom
- How you can lead a college engine of change and innovation
Expected learning outcomes:
- Introduction to FE-based systems thinking/leadership to meet local/national skills agenda
- Collaboration between Chairs and CEOs on sector priorities
- People and performance development skills to enable Chairs to be more effective in supporting CEOs
The programme will offer several standalone sessions:
1. In person 3 hour session at the 2024 SET Conference (Birmingham)
2. An online 90 minute session available across different dates between January 2024 and March 2024 to maximise participation.
Delegates must be a chair in the Further Education and Training sector.